[GLLUG] REMINDER - Sept. 11, 2003 Meeting

Edward Glowacki glowack2 at msu.edu
Mon Sep 15 14:29:37 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 18:42, Rich Clark wrote:
> You should go through your spamassassin config and remove any reference
> whatsoever to osirusoft.com's lists.  Joe Jared, the fellow who provided
> this wonderful, free resource has had to close up his blocklists, and to
> encourage the people using the list, he has made an entry in the list so
> that any address queried would produce a 127.0.0.2 positive result.
> IOW, he's blocklisted the entire Internet in an effort to get them to stop
> using his lists.  Continuing to use his lists in your spamassassin or
> mailserver configuration will cause you to lose *lots* of wanted mail.
>
> HTH, HAND,
>
> Rich

Well shiiiiiit... that might explain why all this is happening, that one
rule would put any message halfway to being considered spam... grrr...

At any rate, I've just been using the out-of-the-box setup for
spamassassin.  I'm working on upgrading to the latest version right now,
and I'll check the conf for that when I'm done.

Thanks for the info!

-ED

Edward Glowacki			glowack2 at msu.edu
A PBS mind in an MTV world.