[GLLUG] Registering on MSU Network / Wireless question

Thomas Alan Hearn hearntho at msu.edu
Wed Sep 17 01:42:41 EDT 2003

Hello all,
  I've got RH9 on my HP ze5000 laptop and I'm trying to use it on the
network in the MSU library.  I know you have to register your computer on
MSU's network via http://dhcp.msu.edu, however, when I boot RH9 in the
library, eth0 fails to initialize because the MAC address isn't yet
registered on MSU's network.  Anyone have any idea of how to get around
this?  Any help would be awesome.  Thanks in advance!

And yet another question... I have a wireless card on the laptop as well,
and RH didn't pick it up on the install, anyone have any ideas of what I
need to do?  I can't get RH to recognize it in any way, however, I don't
know much about linux yet (working on it though).  I don't know what
namebrand or model it is, but it's on the common install for the 5000 series
laptops if that helps anyone.

Cheers,
Tom