[GLLUG] Removing Lillo changes to MBR

William Bembeneck sbembeneck at characterlink.net
Wed Sep 17 13:23:34 EDT 2003

I have a 160 GB hard drive divided into two partions, running XP w/Roxio GoBack.

I added a 40GB hard drive and installed Linux on it, having the Lillo install to the MBR.

Now, Goback isn't working and I can't get into XP. GoBack has done some thing to the MBR and partition tables so that my two partions look like one big one.

Lillo is not running now.

I tried using XP's recovery console to fix the boot record. Nothing
I've done every thing that tech support for Goback has told me nothing.

Is it possible to restore the MBR to how it was before Lillo was installed?

For some reason, my boot disk does not work, (it never has from the beginning). If I have to get into linux?

Thanks,

Seth