[GLLUG] Re: Mandrake

Darrel Ray Clute, III darrel_clute at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 01:31:39 EDT 2004

> I find it nearly impossible to believe that Mandrake would include files
> necessary to run KDE (or any other major window manager or desktop
> Your KDE problem must be due to something else, Mel.

What video card do you have?  Is this on a laptop or PC?  The NVIDIA
cards on laptops do not always work properly using the open source
drivers.  In this situation to get X to work properly, and therefore the
WM's and DE's you should install the NVIDIA provided drivers, either off
the Power Pack(+) or download them from NVIDIA's site.  This is also
necessary if you wish to play any 3-D games such as UT2004 or America's
Army.

--

Darrel Clute, CCNP/CCDP

To Decipher Code - http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/