[GLLUG] Wanted: Windows maintainer / Linux advocate

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Tue Aug 17 12:28:43 EDT 2004

(Apologies if this message appears twice; I subscribed to the list from
the my work account and sent it yesterday but it hasn't show up yet.)

Greetings all,

Ideal Solution is looking for a qualified Windows system maintainer,
preferably one with a particular bent towards Linux and/or open source
software in general. This may sound a bit odd, but we'll be working on a
lot of Windows machines in the very near future and want to use our
influence to introduce more people to Linux and OSS. (Also, it is our
belief that an experienced Linux user is better at fixing Windows than
your average Windows fixer.)

Job Description: Primarily, upgrading working Windows machines and fixing
broken Windows machines. This could mean everything from installing memory
to swapping out motherboards. And of course, registry hacking and cleaning
up after viruses and spyware.

Requirements: Knowledge of basic PC hardware and all versions of Windows
is required. Mac experience a plus. Linux or Unix experience a huge plus.

Location: Must be able to travel to DeWitt and/or East Lansing daily.
If you're interested, please send a message to jeff at idealso.com or myself
or call 517-669-4235. If you know someone who might be interested, please
pass this message onto them.

Thanks for your time.
--
Charles Ulrich