[GLLUG] ipcop hardware question

Jason Watson watson.jason at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 19:17:32 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:08:42 +0000, yeti at chartermi.net
<yeti at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question:
>
> If I install and configure IPCop on a machine, can I then remove the hard drive and install the drive (with IPCop installed and configured) on a different machine?  Will it work, or will it crash or become unstable?
>
> Thanx for the info

You will probably have to rerun the configuration program to re-setup
your network interfaces but I don't see any other problems with it.  I
haven't run IPCop in a while (purchased a Linksys WRT54G for less
noise, less space and less electricity) but if I remember right it's a
program you run from the command line and it brings up a menu to set
the different NIC's to red/green/orange interfaces.

--Jason Watson