[GLLUG] backing it up

John T. Hale jthale at msu.edu
Mon Dec 20 11:29:26 EST 2004

I use a tape drive -- a SDT-11000 DAT drive. using a combination of
find, ssh and hfstar, I backup my laptop (running mac OS X) over the
network to the tape server running linux.

I attended a GLLUG meeting last year that had a great handout on
writing backup scripts; I think this was part of the Linux
certification program (?) I also recommend _Unix Backup and Recovery_
by W. Curtis Preston.

best,
-john