[GLLUG] the battery-less laptop

G Grant ggrant at detroitaerospace.com
Tue Dec 21 11:49:31 EST 2004

my wife is using my old IBM A21P that has a busted screen. Works out well as a "desktop or mini server" with and w/o the battery in it. just remember that the disk IO in most laptops is crappy at best. Battery is worth while to keep in the thing though. Makes brown outs easier to live with and when you think of it, the average laptop battery will give you four times the life of what a UPS system would in normal use.