[GLLUG] MySql: Database inside of a Database

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 19:12:49 EST 2004

Is it possible to have a database inside of a database?

Or maybe some one can offer a better solution:

On my web site I want to host a stat service for a computer game (Delta
Force).

The stats are stored in a database, with several tables.

What I would like to do is to create one database (statdb) then create a
database in inside statdb (stat1).

I would like to do this so that when the stat1's user no longer wants
the stats, I can just delete the database and not have to go through
deleting 5 to 10 tables.

If this is possible, how can I grant a user name and password so that
they can do every thing on statdb and included databases but leave the
rest of the databases alone?

Other wise, How can I create a user that only can have all privileges on
one database?

Thanks for your input

Seth