[GLLUG] Web server capacity considerations

Edward Glowacki glowack2 at msu.edu
Mon Jan 12 10:07:06 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:56, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> I think you'll be fine until you get several hits per second, and
> that will probably max out your DSL line before other resources have
> real problems.

I second that.  I'm running my own site using Zope/CMF/Plone on a PII
233 and it does OK.  It's a little slow sometimes, but then again every
page is entirely dynamically generated via multiple levels of scripts.
You get a lot of features this way, but the price is performance (though
with caching and other tuning I guess Zope can perform fairly well).
Anyway, you should be fine on a 400MHz machine.

-ED

Edward Glowacki			glowack2 at msu.edu
A PBS mind in an MTV world.
	-- Author unknown