[GLLUG] pdf readers

Marr marr at flex.com
Thu Jan 15 18:27:42 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 09:44am, Scott Harrison wrote:
> > Any recommendations on a fast pdf reader for linux?
> >
> > xpdf always seems slow.  acroread (courtesy of adobe)
> > is okay.  gv is about as slow as xpdf.
>
> As a follow-up to any others who might be interested,
> I found that kghostview works quite well.

Just a friendly FYI: I've run across many occurrences of a PDF file where
'kghostview' renders nothing, or incompletely, or (on documents that have
mixed page orientations [portrait and landscape]) in the wrong page
orientation. In every such occurrence (IIRC), 'xpdf' renders the same content
perfectly.

I'd keep 'xpdf' around for just such an occasion.

<Foghorn Leghorn drawl, zipping on spare suit of feathers>

   Fortunately, I keep a spare for just such an emergency.

</Foghorn>

Bill Marr