[GLLUG] How do I switch back to windows XP (dual boot?) ?

Jo Dillon jo at groupinfo.com
Fri Jan 16 15:55:40 EST 2004

On 16 Jan 2004 at 15:48, Szymon Machajewski wrote:

> You could try: www.vmware.com
>
> My experience has been that it is best to boot from a floopy into
> Linux on a shared system as Windows doesn't tolerate competition in
> MBR.

  Counterpoint (but not with XP; I've dual-booted with every Windows
/other/ than XP and ME though) - I've never had any problems with
Windows clobbering my bootloader. It's usually best to partition,
then install Windows (which will clobber whatever was previously in
the MBR), then install Linux, though.

--

	Jo