[GLLUG] Mandrake and modems

darwin bolles hairyc3ll at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 08:25:14 EST 2004

Hi

First I am on At&t dial up pulse.
I am trying to get an external modem to phone out.
I have a CenDyne  V92(V90) 56K R5232 Data/Fax
I have tried the setup wizard with every port that is
listed and supplied all of the awnsers to its
questions.  Every time it comes back with ( I am not
connected to the internet)  no dial, no tone.

The only strange thing is while it says I am not
connected all of the rest of the phones in the house
will not work no tone or anything.

I hope I am not bothering you guys to much I am a real
novice at this  Windows I get along with but am
disatisfied and want to get into Linux.

Darwin