[GLLUG] eth0 device not found

scollins scollins at thegeekery.com
Wed Jan 28 05:37:22 EST 2004

Was this a fresh install or a new kernel compile? Also, where are you
seeing this error? at boot?
Is the system usable besides being on the internet or does this result
in a kernel panic?

First thing I would do is bust out the gentoo liveCD or maybe a copy of
damnsmalllinux and boot into that, then chroot back into your gentoo
environment and recompile the kernel making sure the net drivers for the
eth port are in there.

-steven