[GLLUG] Note to GLLUG list administrator.

Phillip Hofmeister plhofmei at antiochcomputerconsulting.com
Thu Jul 1 11:23:24 EDT 2004

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 at 10:58:25AM -0400, Bruce Smith wrote:
> It would be really nice if you changed the mailman options so replies
> default to "this list".  It's the "reply_goes_to_list" option on the
> general options screen.
>
> I know the mailman documentation recommends you leave it as replying to
> the poster, but I have admin'ed a lot of mailman lists for years and
> I've never had a problem changing the setting to reply to the list.

If you run mutt you just define the email address as a list you are
subscribed to and then you hit "L" to reply-to-list.  Changing the
behavior of the receiving MUA is a bad idea if you ask me.  But Mutt
gives you the option to ignore the "reply_to" headers.  When I hit "r"
to reply it asks me..."Reply to <mailing list>?"  I can say "n" and then
it replies to sender.  Too bad other MUAs lack some of these features...

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/