[GLLUG] Note to GLLUG list administrator.

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Thu Jul 1 13:04:40 EDT 2004

> > It would be really nice if you changed the mailman options so replies
> > default to "this list".  It's the "reply_goes_to_list" option on the
> > general options screen.
> >
> > I know the mailman documentation recommends you leave it as replying to
> > the poster, but I have admin'ed a lot of mailman lists for years and
> > I've never had a problem changing the setting to reply to the list.
> >
> > In fact this is the only list that I'm on that defaults to replying to
> > the poster and it's really annoying to have to change the "TO" every
> > time I reply!  (when I can remember to change it).
>
> This idea has been tossed around a number of times.  See the list
> archives to discussions on pros/cons.  If consensus is it should be
> changed, I will.

I guess it depends on what kind of traffic you want on the list.

If you want questions only, with replies being sent privately to the
poster, then leave it as is.  If you want the answers to go to the list
then maybe that should be the default.

BTW, it's also annoying to get two copies of replies to messages I sent
when someone hits reply-all (like you did, and I did this time).

Also, I don't use mutt, I use evolution.  If anyone know of a way for a
similar feature in evolution to reply-to-list, please let me know.

 - BS