[GLLUG] BSD Distro First-Try Recommendations

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Wed Jul 7 13:12:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Mike Szumlinski wrote:

> I just thought he wanted to stick with x86 hardware he already had.

I didn't jump to any conclusions or make any assumptions.

He didn't specify his hardware. He just asked "I'm mainly concerned with
stability and ease through updates. ... which variety would be recommended
for a first timer with no experience there?"

My mom can use and update it so I figured that fit the "ease of use"
catagory at the very least.

Just the thought that my mom is a Unix user cracks me up.

Sean