[GLLUG] Procmail problem

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Thu Jul 8 16:09:51 EDT 2004

> I am trying to get Clam AV to filter incoming emails.  I can run clamdscan
> from the command line and all works fine, but when I seutp procmail to run
> clamdscan I get this error:
>
>         ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/clamdscan: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
> failed: No such file or directory
>         Killed

Where is libgcc_s.so.1 ?   (what directory?)
And more important, where does clamdscan think it should be?
Run:  "ldd /usr/local/bin/clamdscan"  and find out.
Make sure that libgcc_s.so.1 is is the directory clamdscan thinks
it should be.  Then see if the directory is listed in:  /etc/ld.so.conf
If everything checks out, run ldd on other binaries involved - repeat.
Remember to run ldconfig if you change ld.so.conf.

- BS