[GLLUG] Still having problems

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Tue Jul 13 01:26:19 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Rich Clark wrote:
> I'd say good call.  You may also want to question if the memory is not the
> problem also.  I had a stick here that for love nor money would work in
> any machine I put it in, most running Mandrake 10 Comm on several, and one
> with Windows XP on it.  Needless to say, I returned it.

If you can, swap slot 1 and slot 2 of your memory around and see if that
changes the point at which it is crashing consistantly. If it does then it
is most likely bad memory.

That should at least eliminate one of the choices in the 'guessing why I
hate x86 hardware' game.

Does hyperthreading still cause whacky crashes?