[GLLUG] Cheap drives

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at sequoianet.com
Mon Jun 21 16:06:57 EDT 2004

Check my favorite cheap-o computer price tracking sites:

www.xpbargains.com  - its spiffy.

Also - www.pricewatch.com (though watch out for fly by night people)

And www.computergeeks.com (they rule)

Also, for good deals, you can get good prices on the rebate pages, but
you have to be very selective.  I got a 120gb drive for $59 A/R from
CompUSA and then a USB 2.0 external drive case for $25 from computer
geeks.  Overall it was cheaper than buying a pre-packaged one, and the
external drive case had a neat clamshell design for opening and closing
it quickly to swap out drives (nice for imaging and salvaging data off
old drives.)  The thing about rebates is, they'll try to steal your
money just about every time.  You have to keep a log of activity, and
make copies of every receipt, UPC code and rebate coupon, and keep it on
file.  They have an amazing tendancy to misplace them... Hmmm....

Mark Lachniet