[GLLUG] apache doc root directory permissions

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 24 19:09:32 EDT 2004

What should the permissions be for /www (my apache document root) that will
still allow for php scripts to be run from any sub-folder?

Who should own them? Which group should own them?

>From what I understand, pure-ftpd virtual users are associated with a real
system user and group. I want the home folders to be specific folders under
/www. I also want 1 user that will be able to access any sub-folder (like a
Does it matter which group and user the virtual users are associated with?

What I'm trying to do is provide web space for some friends and I want to
give them ftp access to their specific folder.

Right now I have it set up, but when I try to log in my ftp account, I can't
upload files to different folders. I have the specific folder part down ok,
when I add the user I just chroot them to the folder.

Thanks,

Seth