[GLLUG] GLLUG

Ben Pfaff blp at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 29 17:50:35 EDT 2004

Bruce Smith <brucesmith at chartermi.net> writes:

> It's worth knowing how to compile and install a kernel, but it's SO MUCH
> EASIER to just download and install new kernel RPM's from your distro
> when a new bug or exploit is found!!!   :-)

It is slightly easier, but Debian makes compiling and installing
kernels an easy process, roughly like this:
        make menuconfig
        make-kpkg binary-arch
        dpkg -i ../kernel-image.deb ../kernel-headers.deb

--
"I knew it was a bad sign when I drove through Hell (MI) on Wednesday
and there was snow on the ground and all the standing water had a