[GLLUG] dselect/apt question

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Tue Mar 2 10:51:49 EST 2004

I'm setting up dselect on a Debian 3.0 box with the following sources:

deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian experimental main contrib non-free

And when I update the apt lists, I get the following error:

Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing texmacs (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.egr.msu.edu_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

update available list script returned error exit status 1.

I clean out /var/lib/apt/lists, but the error recurs.  This box is on a 10Mbps hop to MSU, so I don't believe the file is being corrupted in the stream.  Is anybody else having this type of problems with the unstable tree at ftp.egr.msu.edu?

Thanks,
PaulM