[GLLUG] Re: Need a router with flexible port forwarding options

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 16 22:58:15 EST 2004

I noticed that when I connected my cable modem directly to my pc via usb,
then connected the router to my pc via Cat5, I could not access the router.
Linksys now has *live* tech support chat via the web. I was highly amused
when they told me to try rebooting both the router and my computer as a
possible solution because (as I pointed out to them) the medium through
which I was communicating with them would be severed.

I wanted to thank Frank for posting the IP for linksys as default; I still
can't connect to the router with that IP. I powercycled the router, and
tried a few other things to connect to it. Windows seems to be automatically
addressing my internal ips to 168.dot.dot. . . and I wanted 192. I remember
getting something setup on my last hard drive where I could setup the port
forwarding options right from my system tray.

Does anyone else have problems with linksys that they would like to share?