[GLLUG] Hosting Providers

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sun Mar 28 15:43:52 EST 2004

Darrel Ray Clute, III wrote:

> What web hosting providers does everyone use for their websites?  I am
> looking at replacing my current host with one that would provide me with
> more features.  I am currently using IMHosted and have looked at Liquid
> Web in the past.  The only requirement that I have is that they use at
> least Linux but would prefer a host that would utilize a BSD variant
> especially OpenBSD.  Any other suggestions worth looking at and what are
> your experiences with them.

I've had very good experiences with Vilitas, a hosting company in the
Detroit area.  They're using FreeBSD and Redhat Enterprise Linux.
They're very up front when they're doing upgrades and configuration
changes, and their staff is incredibly responsive.  They managed to
maintain 100% uptime during the blackout last year. It also helps that
their pricing is excellent.

Clay Dowling
--
http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/