[GLLUG] [Fwd: scnc.lsd.k12.mi.us security check output]

Asenchi asenchi at asenchi.com
Wed Mar 31 10:32:55 EST 2004

On 31 Mar 2004 09:37:27 -0500
Mike Rambo <mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us> wrote:

>Would some of you BSD guys be so kind as to tell us what these messages
>mean? They look like disk failures to us but even googling didn't tell
>us anything for certain.

>> tive b_blkno -658207658
>> dscheck: negative b_blkno -658207658

This error is in src/kern/subr_diskslice.c and looks to be exactly has
it says, a negative block number on that slick.

The error returns an invalid argument.  So in my small knowledge, I
would say that something changed in the filesystem that wasn't right.
Looking through the archives (which I recommend next time, there are
dozens of messages about this, http://marc.theaimsgroup.com) it seems
that you were probably doing a dump(8) on a live filesystem.  Is this
true?

Pay attention to this thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-hackers&m=103679794507430&w=2

Like Darrel said, send along a dmesg and also take a look at df -h and
any dump(8) logs.

Hope this helps,

Curt Micol