[GLLUG] White Box Enterprise

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM at mlcnet.org
Wed May 5 15:59:10 EDT 2004

The default site for updates is very slow.  All you need to do is read and
edit this file:   /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

# These channels point to the Beauregard Parish Library and will provide
# very poor service for anyone outside our WAN.  Comment them out and
# uncomment one of the alternates below.

#yum WBEL-3.0 http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/os/i386   (default)
yum WBEL-3.0 ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/os/i386/
#yum updates-released http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates
(default)
yum updates-released
ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/
#yum updates-testing
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1

I get 152 KBps throughput on my T1 via Merit from the NCSU site.

---
Mark Szidik
Michigan Library Consortium
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
Ph:800.530.9019 x17   Fax:517.394.2096
MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.