[GLLUG] Gentoo Portage Question

Brian Hoort hoortbri at msu.edu
Thu Nov 11 12:23:17 EST 2004

Ohhhhhhhmmmmmm, most high Gentoo Deities,

I'm a complete G2 noob.

I'm using G2 on a box with a very small HDD.  As part of installation from
Universal CD, I copied the whole portage tree to HDD, hence, it's full.  I
want to delete most if not all of it, since I'm not even using the majority
of those packages.  Is it safe to just:
  # rm /var/portage (I forget path, is that it?)
or is there some
  # emerge --clearportage
flag that I can't find anywhere in the docs or man emerge?

Thank You for your most honorable wisdom.