[GLLUG] Meeting Minutes, November 11, 2004

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Fri Nov 12 09:40:04 EST 2004

Greetings fellow LUG members. If you didn't attend the meeting, here's
all the cool stuff that you missed.

Vital Statistics
----------------
14 people attended the meeting which started at 6:00PM and ended at
approximately 8:30PM.

Installfest
------------
We had a good number of people show up looking to get their geek on. A
few stopped by just to observe and learn. There was a larger ratio of
laptops this time, and among the operating systems represented were
Knoppix, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, and FreeBSD. A good time was had by
all.

There was pizza.

Next Week's Meeting
-------------------
November 18, 2004 6:00PM @ Atmosphere Annealing, Inc.

LPI Certification Training

Want to learn about Linux but aren't sure where to start? Or would you
like to bone up on your Linux mastery so you can ace the Linux
Professional Institute certification exam? The GLLUG LPI certification
training sessions may be the answer. While we don't provide the exam
itself, we do present material straight out of IBM's DeveloperWorks LPI
study guides so you will have all of the knowledge you'll need to run
your own Linux machines in confidence and maybe even pass the LPI exam
if you choose to take it. We'll have experienced LUG members there to
teach the material and answer your questions in way too much detail and
to top it off, these sessions are FREE.

Upcoming Events
- 18 Nov LPI Certification Training
- 25 Nov [ No Meeting; Thanksgiving ]
- 02 Dec Installfest and Beginner's Night
- 09 Dec Presentation: CGI Programming in C by Clay Dowling
- 16 Dec LPI Certification Training
- 23 Dec [ No Meeting; Holidays ]
- 30 Dec [ No Meeting; Holidays ]

--