[GLLUG] Recursive directory search with bash

Mike Simons simonsm2 at msu.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:19:04 EST 2004

I'm trying to setup an iTunes share on my linux box using daapd.  For
some reason though, the developers didn't have the program recursively
search the directory given in /etc/daapd.conf for audio files.   Instead
of modifying the source to do this myself,  I want to just make a script
to recursively search a certain directory for audio files  and then
symlink them to a different directory that I can point daapd to.  The
only problem I'm having with making a script is finding some way to
recursively search the directories.  The files are organized in folders
arccording to artist->albums->songs  so it is easy to do a " ln -s *
/web/itunes  " at the bottom of each directory.    Any insight on the
recursive search would be helpful.  Thanks.

-Mike Simons