[GLLUG] Re: openoffice fonts vs staroffice fonts

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Sun Oct 3 17:31:47 EDT 2004

Ashton Shortridge writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I use OpenOffice to generate class lectures and notes. A handy feature is of
> course the relatively painless export to pdf button. This enables me to
> quickly generate files to provide online to my students. Files are typically
> 4 pages of text - never graphics, in-line anything... just text.

I hear that educators and students are supposed to be able to download a
non-trial version of star office for academic use (free). Star office 7 had
a great interface for serving documents. However I couldn't find the
educational version (not trialware) or the unlock code depsite "registering"
several times to download it.

Don't like spam? Next time you register your "email address" to get another
lame piece of trialware, check out www.dodgeit.com  ---great for dodging
spam while getting your authorization codes and/or confirmation hyperlinks.