[GLLUG] Topic Suggestion

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Oct 12 17:19:22 EDT 2004

Sunesh:  HTML mail is evil.  Fix your GropeWise if at all possible.

From: "Sunesh Veettil" <VeettilS at michigan.gov>
> Chris Strandt <strandtc at liquidweb.com> 10/12/04 03:54PM >>>
>> Liquid Web Inc would like to host a LUG meeting.. providing tours of
>> our facility and/or presenting material about our operations/use of
>> Linux. Liquid Web Inc has been in the webhosting industry since 1997
>> and we own and operate a datacenter in Lansing, MI (4210 S. Creyts Rd).

> I think, GLLUG can move to Liquidweb facility. Current facility we got
> space problem. Parking maybe a problem, if more members show up.
> Driving to E Lasning in winter is hard due to traffic.

Traffic?  *Traffic*?  Live in Washington DC or visit Chennai; then you'll see
some traffic.  Heck, even Ann Arbor has worse traffic than Lansing.

Remember that not everyone lives where you do.  AAI is located about halfway
between east and west Lansing (kinda) which makes it a lot more convenient for
all the folks who live close to MSU.  LiquidWeb is on the west side, where I
live, yet it's still farther away than AAI is.  From my apartment, I can get
to AAI in ~12 minutes, to Liquid Web in ~16 IIRC.  (Hey, I only went there
once.)

I think it'd be neat to have a meeting at LiquidWeb just to see someplace new.
 Sunesh does have a point about AAI's parking lot; it is pretty small and
won't accomodate large meetings.  We should burn that bridge when we come to
it though.

(No, I haven't been to any meetings recently; the 6pm start time is terribly
inconvenient for me.  I'll make the sacrifice and come into work early so I
can leave early enough to make the meeting... soon....)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."