[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, October 21

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Thu Oct 21 06:45:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:20:42PM +0000, Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at Atmosphere
> Annealing in Lansing at 6:00PM. See the GLLUG website at
> http://www.gllug.org for directions.
>
> Agenda: Installfest and Beginner's Night
>
> This meeting is dedicated to users who want to try out Linux or BSD, but
> haven't quite gotten the hang of installation or configuration, or
> simply haven't had the time. We also invite you stop by for a chat if
> your system is up and running and you've got some questions on how to
> use it. Experienced users are welcome and encouraged to come out and
> lend a knowledgable hand.

For those who may be interested, I will have the HDD from my G4 Power Mac
there with gentoo on it as well as the gentoo PPC on a CD-RW.  If anyone wants
an instal of gentoo-PPC on their g4, this would give us a leg-up as we can
just duplicate my filesystem.

I also have Yellow Dog 3.0.x on a bootable firewire drive for New World ROM
Macs (should work for notebooks or Power Macs) that I will bring.

See y'all there!  (Unless my wife goes into labor, that is...)

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.