[GLLUG] APACHE::ASP

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon Oct 25 10:25:32 EDT 2004

We have a user than wants to use asp pages so I've been trying to get
APACHE:ASP working on our server. I've used perl CPAN to install
APACHE::ASP from the MSU mirror but must have missed something since it
doesn't work. I've followed the instructions at apache-asp.org. We're
still running RedHat 9 on this server which uses apache version 2.0.40.
The server works fine for everything except thea asp pages which result
in a fairly generic looking internal error page. Previously we saw the
asp source on the browser so I know something more is happening than
before - just not what we need.

One specific question is if the configuration needs to be put in a
specific place in the httpd.conf file. This is the configuration
parameters references on apache-asp.org but it doesn't say where it
needs to go - or if it matters.

PerlModule  Apache::ASP
 <Files ~ (\.asp)>
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar  Global .
   PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
 </Files>

I've tried this stuck at the end of the httpd.conf file and also inside
the <VirutalHost> tags for the user involved. There is also a perl.conf
file. Should it go there?

Any suggestions?

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

Fred to Erma: These newfangled computers are something.
Look at how smoothly the cup holder slides in and out!