[GLLUG] emu10k1 sound card problems

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Sep 13 18:51:22 EDT 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 17:37, after a long battle with technology,
Ryan R. Matt wrote:
> Ok I tried modprobe emu10k.  said it couldn't find any
> emu10k modules,

It's "emu10k1".  My fault, didn't check.  BTW, it's not a terrific idea
to post the IP of your home machine to public forums.  Yeah, we're not
going to do anything to your machine, but if you posted that address to
Usenet without having a proper firewall set up, instant fun fending off
script kiddies.

> [root at adsl-X-Y-Z-W swimmy]# lspci -vv | grep -A6
> audio
> 00:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB
> Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)

OK, that's good.

>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16

And it doesn't have the PnP OS problem.  Spell the module name properly
and it should work.  HTH,

--
   I have to carry this axe.
   It's part of my anger management therapy.