[GLLUG] Re: Meeting Thursday, September 23

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Thu Sep 23 03:38:50 EDT 2004

Adam McDougall writes:

> I can bring an external one.
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 06:55:14PM -0400, John Lewis wrote:
>
>   Ok, just to make sure I get this. Do I need to bring an optical drive? I'm
>   not absolutely sure the one I have is appropriate to the cause. It's a
>   Pioneer 6 disk changer.

Speaking of bringing drives, does anyone have a DVD +/-R Burner they will be
bringing? If so, do you think I might be able to use it to burn a copy of my
hard drive? I have an external 9gb drive which would fit nicely onto 1 or 2
dvds. I have a spindle of blanks, I just need to offload data from the drive
to DVD and format the SCSI-2 external DVD. I have a Belkin USB to SCSI
50-pin interface, if anyone would like to use it. I plan on using that to
interface with the burners on MSU's campus at some point, but the thing is I
need admin privs to add the hardware to the windows XP box.

I still can't make it to this install fest, but if anyone has a burner
please let me know. Thanks!