[GLLUG] Gone Wired Cyber-Cafe

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:03:31 EDT 2005

Hey All,

I'm at the Gone Wired cyber-cafe eating a scone, washing it down with a
latte. Both are good and the atmosphere is very friendly. Cool
background music is at a volume low enough to talk over.

I asked them about having a lug meeting here. One of the owners -
Colleen - sat down and we had a nice chat. Her husband is very
interested in Linux and they would love to host a meeting on a regular
basis. They will setup an area with tables, chairs, a network drop, and
provide a power strip. All we need is a network switch and the cables
for each computer.

The downside is that they don't have any projectors - although she said
they really should get some. We're welcome to bring one in with us until
they have one. They can setup a projection screen - the walls are not
flat or blank as you can imagine.

Oh, and we are more than welcome to bring in pizza. We'll need to
purchase beverages from them - but I think that's a small price to pay
for them hosting us.

I described the meeting structure and she was very interested about
holding an install-fest. In fact, they would like us to come as often as
we like.

Eric