[GLLUG] Gone Wired Cyber-Cafe

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:06:13 EDT 2005

I was thinking much the same thing. If we scheduled an install-fest and
gave enough notice up front Gone Wired could probably post it on the
counter. Maybe we could get Gone Wired to setup a Linux demo box to
generate some interest.

We'd have to be prepared for newbies - provide distribution cds and have
them sign a waiver setting their expectations before touching their
computer. I'd hate to see a dual-boot install go sour and toast their
windows partition - that is unless they want it toasted :-)

This could be a lot of fun!

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 17:44 +0000, Jason Gilmore wrote:
<snip>
> Get us out into the public eye and might be a way of bringing new
> people into linux.
</snip>