[GLLUG] Subversion Tortiose client

Alec Joseph Warner warnera6 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Apr 15 11:43:00 EDT 2005

Clay Dowling wrote:

>Last night at the meeting there was a discussion of the merits of
>Subversion vs. CVS.  Somebody brought up the excellent Win32 CVS client
>Tortoise CVS, but nobody was aware of a Subversion equivalent.  I am happy
>to report that such a beastie exists: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
>
>This means, among other things, that I'm going to give Subversion a very
>serious try.
>
>Clay

Spartasoft ( spartasoft.msu.edu ) uses subversion and Tortoise is the
recommended client for windows users.  No one has reported any problems
except for 1, Tortoise doesn't like directories with spaces in them.
Not sure if it's a fault of me running Apache + SVNdav on windows or
just the client itself.  For now we aren't using spaces anymore ;)