[GLLUG] Scanner Error

Alec Warner warnera6 at egr.msu.edu
Fri Dec 2 21:16:19 EST 2005

That is often distribution dependent...however you don't need to set
these permenantly to figure out what the issue is.

If you are using bash:
export SANE_DEBUG_HP="7"

If you are using a c-based shell ( csh, tcsh )
setenv SANE_DEBUG_HP 7

Then run the commands.

You may also want to check in /var/log for error messages.