[GLLUG] Scanner Error

Rocky Lichen rockylichen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 22:27:52 EST 2005

Try, as root, "scanimage -L" to get some info about
what devices look like scanners to your system.  With
any luck, you'll get back something like:

device 'hp:/dev/usbscanner' is an HP flatbed scanner

If that works for you, as a regular user, try feeding
xsane whatever shows up between the quotes in the
scanimage output,e.g.

xsane hp:/dev/usbscanner