[GLLUG] good example of documentation

Scott Henry Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:06:21 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for small scale web applications
that are models/exemplars/shining-beacons/thecatsmeow/etc
in terms of having "good" sysadmin documentation.

Basically, I'd like to hear from anybody
who was busy admin-ing a LAMP-type solution
and, at the end (of everything running smoothly)
said to oneself: "wow, that documentation made
everything clear and efficient!"

I like self-contained, readable documents.
For example,
I like things like
http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/OJSinanHour.pdf
http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/OJSTechnicalReference.pdf

I am hesitant about hierarchical approaches like
http://www.scnc.k12.mi.us/documentation/

I understand the approach of any documentation
has to go with the audience....  So, I'd limit
the scope of my request-for-your-experience to
those documentation examples geared toward the linuxbsd
admin comfortable with most installation/configuration/upgrade
issues involving LAMP-type dependencies.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

 -Scott