[GLLUG] changing apache's document root

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 8 10:42:26 EST 2005

I'm doing a re-install of gentoo and I would like to change the directory
that apache2 hosts from from /var/www/localhost to /www, which is mounted on
it's own harddrive.

I was able to do it with the DocumentRoot directive (think that is what it
was called) on my previous install, but when I emerged phpmyadmin, it would
automatically install to /var/www/localhost/htdocs.

If I make a symbolic link "ln -s" between "/var/www/localhost" and "/www",
before I install apache and every thing else, will that cause apache to
automatically create the cgi-bin, protected-cgi-bin, htdocs in /www/? And
will it cause phpmyadmin to install to /www/htdocs?

Thanks in advance,

Seth