[GLLUG] Kate weirdness

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Mon Jan 3 07:30:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 11:58, Mark Szidik/mlc wrote:

> I have been a long time vi user and I am just getting into the GUI editor
> Kate (it's pretty nice).  In vi I am used to saving a file and keeping open
> in vi while I run it to test the results.  In Kate when I keep the file
> open and run the script Kate dies.  Any thoughts?

You mean Kate dies when you run the script from within Kate or
externally? Either way, it sounds suspiciously like a bug. BTW, if you
still hanker for vi, note that there's a way that you can use a
vim-based kpart in place of almost all multi-line text entry boxes in
KDE, even in Konqueror, Kmail, Kdevelop. Very cool.

Found a link with some more info:
http://www.freehackers.org/kvim/vimpart.html

Charles
--