[GLLUG] Board of Directors Meeting - Notes

asenchi at asenchi.com asenchi at asenchi.com
Wed Jan 19 19:08:06 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,

      This is coming out a bit tardy, better late than never I guess.

      Last week we held a BOD meeting to discuss some of the goals/happenings
      with the GLLUG.  We talked about many many things, so I am just going to
      bullet point them as there were times when conversation went off topic.
      :)

      * A business plan was submitted by Dave Smith, discussed and will be
        revised and added to a bit.  It is a great start however, and we are
        really excited about this beginning.  Great work Dave!

      * Marketing was discussed.  We really could use some volunteers to get
        out there and get the word out around campus and the Lansing area.  We
        are all convinced that there is a great many potential attendees, the
        problem is letting them know what is going on.  If you are interested
        please let us know.

      * Presentations, while depending heavily on the marketing and attendence
        factor, we all agreed it would be great to get in some heavy hitters.
        Some of these wouldn't really be feasible really until we had a
        Non-Profit entity.  However, we are already in talks with Novell on a
        couple of subjects, IBM was mentioned and some others.

      * Non-Profit stuff.  We need help getting this setup.  We need people
        who can help with this process and we need them badly.

      * Talked a bit about off site meeting media (quicktime feeds, audio
        feeds, chat).  Some interesting ideas.  Probably a good project for
        the group to put together.

I want to also use this as an pre-announcement announcement.  Presentations
anyone? :)

Enjoy yourselves.

--
<<< Asenchi >>>