[GLLUG] calendar and email

Matt Souden msouden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:18:13 EDT 2005

Hey guys,

I'm loving my IMap mail accounts lately because they help me ride the
Linux-Windows fence really easily - I just use Thunderbird on both machines
and it's all there.

So I'm wondering how possible it is to do such a thing with my calendar.
I've been using Sunbird on my windows box. My wife uses her mac calendar
(Ical format) and publishes her calendars to the web using a .mac account-
and at one point I was able to partially subscribe to them with Sunbird, but
that functionality was pretty unfinished last I tried it.

Does anyone know of a calendar that's sort-of like an Imap email setup? It
would ideally be something web-based and secure I could install on a web
server, and then log into it with windows and linux clients.

I'd consider simply a web-based calendar too, but I like bells and whistles
and would lean more toward desktop clients that I can sync with the server.

--
Matt Souden
Consultant & Accidental Techie
msouden at mac.com