[GLLUG] Appending text via shell script

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 15:59:04 EDT 2005

I'm starting to make packages for installs here at work and from time
to time I need to append text to a preference file rather than write
over it.  It does have to be called through a shell script (part of
the requirements of an OS X .pkg file).  I'm new to command line text
manipulation and I'm not quite sure what tool/tools are going to work
best for me.  Basically I'll want to search various plist files (XML)
and append lines/delete lines from them from a shell script.  Anyone
have a good idea what direction to point me in?

-Mike