[GLLUG] gentoo Question 1: dhcpcd

Mike Simons simonsm2 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 8 14:52:21 EST 2005

lo is the loopback interface.  It should already be set to start on
boot.  Its been like that with all my Gentoo systems at least.  If
you're going to be moving this computer around a lot, and not always
going to be near an access point, I would recommend just leaving the
wireless to be started manually.  Dhcpcd takes quite a while to timeout
when there is no connection, so this would speed up your boot time.   If
this is a laptop, I may even suggest leaving net.eth0 to be started
manually if there will be times that you will be without a connection
when you boot.  It's how I have mine set up.

-Mike Simons