[GLLUG] Dead hard drives

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at sequoianet.com
Tue Mar 22 08:44:45 EST 2005

Just a guess but it sounds like maybe your master/slave settings are
weird for some reason.  Maybe a jumper jumped off or something?  Or
perhaps your ribbon cables are loose or damaged?

It is possible that there is a problem with only one drive, and that it
is affecting the master/slave relationship on that channel due to its
error.  Kinda like SCSI termination errors..

Just a thought, but I'd pull each drive one by one and see what the
problem is, maybe run spinrite or something on them.  I'd also back
those suckers up pronto if you have any important data.

Mark Lachniet