[GLLUG] Apache 1.3.31 server side includes

David Silva Smith smithd98 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 22 12:15:59 EST 2005

I only have one version of apache installed.  It is installed in
/usr/sbin/httpd

Apache does start without error, and
apachectl configtest

returns "Syntax OK"

mod_include.so is in /usr/libexec/apache/mod_include.so

In httpd the server root is /usr

I uncommented the AddType line in httpd.conf
AddType text/html .shtml

I plan on learning PHP at some point in the future.

At this point I would like to include a template file.
I thought Server Side Includes would be an easy way to do it.

I'm thinking the mod_include isn't loading properly...
Is there anyway to check which modules are running?

Thanks for your help!

 --dave
David Smith

(517) 944-1872